This is a page for information concerning Phoenix Park. It is a work in progress.
Phoenix Park is on the site of the former St. Claire Zoo. It aims to provide a range of alternative sporting and leisure facilities not available in other sporting venues:
- Open park space with a dirt running track and several military assault-course style wooden obstacles.
- A small athletics track and field area plus courts for racket-sports (can be booked for private events).
- An extensive climbing wall catering to both beginners and advanced climbers (climbing equipment and instruction available).
- Skate park (skateboard facilities, also has scheduled times for BMX bikes and rollerskates, and scheduled times for beginners and younger children).
- Water park with multiple swim pools, water-chutes and flumes, water canon, wave machine, and fun play floats.
- Children's play area with play equipment, ride-on toys and adventure tree-house.
- Lake (remote-control boats permitted at certain times).
- Restaurant, catering to families in the daytime and offering a more sophisticated menu and atmosphere in the evenings.
- The Phoenix Building, with conference rooms for hire and exhibition space that can be hired, but often has short-term exhibits such as the work of local artists and photographers.