- During Cedric's sojourn in St. Louis he reencounters two acquaintances, the Toreador Helen MacDougal and the Brujah Angus Craven. He directs them both to the growing town of St. Claire without informing the other that he has done so, in the hopes of eliminating one or both of them, and the chance that they might be able to eliminate the Garou problem near St. Claire, after which he can do away with the remaining Kindred at his leisure. The two arrive in 1860 within a few months of each other and remain unaware of each others' existence for over a year.
- James Buchanan is President of the United States.
- The Pony Express begins.
- In the Utah Territory, the Paiute War begins and ends.
- In February, Abraham Lincoln gives his Cooper Union Speech. Later that year, in November, he is elected President of the United States.
- South Carolina secedes from the US. This begins the Secession Crisis which eventually leads to the American Civil War.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.