Mount St. Helens EruptsEdit
- For the last time in the nineteenth century, the volcanic Mount St. Helens erupts. Rumors abound among the Garou that the eruption signals a catastrophic change in the nature of the spirit of the mountain, but nothing is proven for certain.
Completion of Silverwood in the KnollEdit
- The gothic monstrosity known as "Silverwood in the Knoll" is finally completed, after 6 years of construction. People speculate curiously as to the 'mysterious' wealth of the Hilliard Family as in the following year, many wagons arrive in St. Claire bearing expensive furnishings for the mansion. The furnishings are quite exotic and some are identifed as Egyptian in origin.
- James Buchanan takes office as President of the United States in March.
- Dred Scott v. Sanford -- The Supreme Court rules that black people are not citizens and that slaves cannot sue for freedom. This will not be overturned until 1868.
- A financial panic (the Panic of 1857) closes New York banks in October; they don't reopen until December.
- Bleeding Kansas and the Third Seminole War continue.
- The Utah War begins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.