- After a series of run-ins with the local Garou population, which ended mostly in his defeat (although his magical abilities allowed him to deal out some casualties to the other side), Cedric decides to return to St. Louis and formulate a better long-term plan for acquiring the energies of the Caern.
- Franklin Pierce is President of the United States.
- Hostility between Native Americans and settlers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klamath_and_Salmon_River_War the Klamath and Salmon River War] is ended with the intervention of the California Militia and the US Army.
- The Point No Point Treaty is signed in the Washington Territory. (Still not a state.)
- Also in the Washington Territory, the Quinault and Quileute tribes cede land to the US in the Quinault Treaty.
- These are not the only two incidents of Native tribes ceding over land during this time.
- The Yakima War begins with the Battle of Toppenish Creek in the Yakima River Valley.
- The California Gold Rush is ongoing, and Kansas continues to bleed.
- The Third Seminole War begins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.