Silverwood in the Knoll Established
- Jerrold Hilliard expands his business and economic interests and branches out into lumber as well as funding prospecting miners, somehow managing to give himself an stranglehold on the local economy. Though he doesn't abuse this position, Jerrold uses the money from his enterprise, plus part of his wife's "inheritance" in conjunction with the loose land laws of the day to buy 100 acres of land to the northeast of St. Claire's, then current, location. He names the land, "Silverwood in the Knoll".
- Franklin Pierce is President of the United States.
- A bill to form the Nebraska Territory sparks debates about the slavery issue, leading to the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the formation of the Republican Party.
- United States soldiers attack a larger force of Jicarilla Apache and Ute Native Americans near present-day Pilar, New Mexico in the Battle of Cieneguilla.
- In the Washington Terriory (still not a state), the Treaty of Medicine Creek is signed, in which the United States obtains land from Native tribes and forms three reservations.
- More than 65 Tolowa people are killed by American settlers in California in the Achulet Massacre.
- The California Gold Rush is still ongoing.
- Bleeding Kansas begins, a serious of violent confrontations over the issue of slavery.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.